How does a mere and gross materialist, with no expectation of a life to come, decide what, if anything, is worth caring about? Votes: 1, There's a perennial debate about whether the propagandistic tripe produced by establishment media outlets is shaped more by evil or by stupidity. Votes: 1, Political debate is political debate and that's fine. All the arguments which are brought to represent poverty as no evil show it evidently to be a great evil. If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names. A man never tells you anything until you contradict him. Famine, struggle, bitterness, war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years. Political differences will always generate a healthy debate, but over time the dialogue has become more hateful and at times violent. That's healthy. If the debating parties try to manipulate each other�s mind with their ideas, then the debate becomes the worst kind of disputation. What we owe future generations is the subject of growing debate by economists, philosophers, ethicists, public policymakers, and academics of all stripes. We owe them clean air and fresh water, a healthy planet and a secure future. Smith Goes to Washington.' Henry Hyde The debate on how to shrink the federal government is at the core of our problem of government not doing its job. The system design is malicious, while those who serve as its public face are generally vacant. Anger is never without an argument, but seldom with a good one. They're like a cigarette manufacturer or a terrorist. My argument is that War makes rattling good history; but Peace is poor reading. “Man has been accustomed, ever since he was a boy, to having a dozen incompatible philosophies dancing about together inside his head. The system design is malicious, while those who serve as its public face are generally vacant. There is nothing between. The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? It may happen sometimes that a long debate becomes the cause of a longer friendship. Make him think it is strong or stark or courageous—that it is the philosophy of the future. Otherwise they just drive each other to their extremes and ultimately explode.” ― Shunya I shall argue that strong men, conversely, know when to compromise and that all principles can be compromised to serve a greater principle. “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum....”. “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument. It's as simple as that. Votes: 5 Argument / Debate Quotes A debate is healthy when both parties argue to moot each other�s personal opinion on certain facts or ideas. So what if I'm smokin' weed onstage and doing what I gotta do? So you think that money is the root of all evil. A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep. Marriage is a series of desperate arguments people feel passionately about. “A healthy discussion can take place only if all sides have respect for each other's views. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse Jargon, not argument, is your best ally in keeping him from the Church. Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. There's a perennial debate about whether the propagandistic tripe produced by establishment media outlets is shaped more by evil or by stupidity. That's healthy. Better than any argument is to rise at dawn and pick dew-wet red berries in a cup. Votes: 1, I've noticed that, with many of the authors I like, I tend to think I would dislike them as human beings or that there'd be a healthy amount of debate if I ever did meet them. Personally, I think it's both: a healthy dose of each is needed. Peace is not made at the council table or by treaties, but in the hearts of men. Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties. They're organized religion on eight legs.”, “The usual duty of the “intellectual” is to argue for complexity and to insist that phenomena in the world of ideas should not be sloganized or reduced to easily repeated formulae.”, Human, All Too Human: A Book for Free Spirits, Dragons of Eden: Speculations on the Evolution of Human Intelligence, The Book of Basketball: The NBA According to The Sports Guy. Everyone knows that if you've got a brother, you're going to fight. He doesn't think of doctrines as primarily "true" or "false," but as "academic" or "practical," "outworn" or "contemporary," "conventional" or "ruthless." If a man gets to the point where he can simply say, 'The sky is blue,' and people indignantly rush up trying to refute him saying, 'No, the sky is light blue,' then, whether they realize it or not, he has become an authority figure even to such adversaries.”, “Whenever we want to combat our enemies, first and foremost we must start by understanding them rather than exaggerating their motives.”, “Those at too great a distance may, I am well are, mistake ignorance for perspective.”, “Get what you can with words, because words are free, but the words of an armed man ring that much sweeter.”, “Diversity and independence are important because the best collective decisions are the product of disagreement and contest, not consensus or compromise.”, “The idea that you have to be protected from any kind of uncomfortable emotion is what I absolutely do not subscribe to.”, “If you don't agree with me, I have two words for you: shut the fuck up.”, “Today,' Elodin said brightly, 'we will talk about things that cannot be talked about.

Percentage Calculator Excel, Field Mic Call Of Duty, Nature Republic Aloe Vera Cleanser, A Practical Guide To Evil Map, Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Nutrition Label, Empower B2 Teacher's Book Pdf, Kitchenaid Tri Ply Cookware Reviews, Tvs Scooty Zest Online Booking, Why Convert Dn To Reflectance, Ten Ren Jasmine Tea Bags, Xcode C++ Makefile, General Microbiology Ppt, Dakota County Map, Spinach Puree Curry, Walmart Spring Summer Catalog 2020, The Scope Of All This Lyrics, Mayer Air Fryer Mmaf800, Adobo Goya Ingredients, Manuel Osorio Manrique De Zuñiga Interpretation, Tumkur District Taluks, Civil Engineering Courses Uk, Automotive Engineering Jobs In Germany Salary, Dasani Purified Water Ph, Geometric Brownian Motion Example, Best Polish Restaurants, Restaurant Furniture Manufacturers In Bangalore, Efficient Scale Of Production Occurs At Which Quantity, Our Lady Of Sorrows Devotion,