Thanks for the tip. Both products provide a clear, durable finish but in my opinion oil-based poly has an advantage over water-based poly. Thanks to the sprayer I was able to spray a coat of primer and spray two coats of paint in only a few hours. I had to test it out and my DIY wine bar was going to be the test project. The instructions for my HomeRight Super Finish Max sprayer recommends turning the volume control knob all the way to the “+” and then adjust to the best amount of product for your project. Brief excerpts and one photo may be used provided full and clear credit is given to Saws on Skates® with appropriate links to the original content. If you used a water-based stain on your project I would use a water-based poly. Then I sprayed the cedar clapboard siding of my house, updated the look of my air conditioner dresser with a coat of paint, and freshened up a pair of Adirondack chairs. Wipe-on polyurethane is simply standard polyurethane that has been thinned with mineral spirits. Less product is being applied with a sprayer than with brush, so the result is a finish that looks like less plastic and more like it came from furniture factory. Second, keep your wrist stiff and keep the sprayer 10″ to 12″ away from the surface you’re spraying. I find cleaning paint troublesome and am worried that poly would be difficult. The bubbles will dry in your finish and leave the surface bumpy. I felt polyurethane was a finicky finish, that the application was difficult and that it didn’t give me the look I wanted for my DIY furniture projects. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; These cookies do not store any personal information. How bad are the fumes? Learn how your comment data is processed. A few coats of wipe-on poly are sufficient to protect and seal the wood and give it a nice finished look. I like how I can go from painting the siding of my house to spraying poly for a furniture project just by changing out the tips. The blue tip sprays stain and polyurethane in a 1″-6″ spray pattern which is great for furniture projects. Following through with a long, continuous movement is really important. The fumes were pretty bad anyway when brushing, or so my wife thought. This post contains affiliate links. And, if you’re not sold on using polyurethane, read some more about other wood finishing options. The results are in and I’m totally convinced… I’m NEVER applying poly with a brush EVER again! Hi John – Thank you for stopping by. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; I clean oil-based poly out of the Finish Max the same way I clean out water-based paint. The reason I’m so nervous about durability is because my old table was store bought and professionally finished and yet couldn’t hold up to any cleaning. Luckily for us, that is easy to adjust with the HomeRight Super Finish Max. document.removeEventListener('scroll',loadFcSCa46); The largest issue with spray can finishes is that they contain a only a small amount of solids. Since buying a paint sprayer I’ve been sprayin’ like crazy! Remember earlier how I said poly doesn’t like to stick to itself? Paint is chipping and it’s most likely lead based, so I want to encapsulate it. There is no cost to you for using these links. I started using Minwax rattle can poly, but I’m frugal (cheapskate) so I thought an airbrushing with poly might do the trick have you heard of it or ever tried it? I empty any excess poly out of the container, add some thinner to the container and spray the thinner to clean the sprayer. It’s easy to clean out the poly. Polyurethane is a finish coating that can make any wooden surface more durable and more beautiful. They are mixed (or thinned) and are cleaned up with paint thinner. Please review my full disclosure, terms of use, privacy policy, and cookie policy here. Vertical Spray After my project has been sanded, holes/cracks filled with a DIY wood filler and a coat of black tea has been applied I’ll then apply a quality wood stain. After all my work on this table I don’t want to ruin it. Your email address will not be published. I think so. I like to test the amount of product being sprayed on a drop cloth or a cardboard box and then adjust the dial until I’m satisfied with the amount being sprayed. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. I’ll probably just add another coat. I prefer to make my own two ingredient DIY wood filler so I know it will compliment my furniture project. The vertical spray pattern is perfect for spraying vertical surfaces like table legs. Plus, they're super cheap – even if they don't last that long, you can easily replace them without worrying about it affect your budget. Horizontal/Vertical Spray How is the best way to clean the table after meals now? Application is Difficult All of the stain and polyurethane in the world won’t cover the mistakes of a poorly prepped project. The spray shelter protects surrounding objects from overspray and prevents dust and debris from landing on your furniture project while it’s drying. However, it’s worth the extra time for a perfect finish. There are two other tips included with the sprayer, green and red. Can you use a rag to apply polyurethane? Then all of a sudden Runs and Streaks??? It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. WHAT A TIME-SAVER! The stickiness of the tack cloth is what grabs onto and pickups the poly dust.

What Does Tombstone Look Like Now, Manuel Osorio Manrique De Zuñiga Interpretation, Tarte Toolbox Brush Set, Chain Drives Are Recommended To Transmit Power Up To, Ios Development Course Stanford, Preposition Examples With Pictures, Ode To Joy Cello Sheet Music Pdf, Examples Of Headline Writing, Chickpea Curry Without Coconut Milk, Trader Joe's Veggie Lasagna Recipe, Mexican Restaurants Omaha, Opening Remarks For Meeting Sample, Afghan Kabob Hamilton Nj Menu, Space Racing 2, Pavlopetri Ac Odyssey, Allium Tuberosum Benefits, Latex For Less Toppers, Schopenhauer On Religion, Doctor In Spanish Abbreviation, Debate Closing Statement Example, Where To Find Followers Of Ares In Megaris, When To Shim A Bass Neck,