Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This added the much needed moisture. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Made it but used black beans instead of refried, added some mozzarella cheese along with Mexican taco mix cheese. I added lettuce, salsa and guacamole. The chips were soggy and soaked up all the liquid which made the whole thing a little dry. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Cook ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium heat until beef is browned, 7 to 10 minutes; drain grease. Info. Thanks for the recipe. there was barely enough of this stuff to go around everyone had at least 2 huge helpings. 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained, 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. It's yummy and so easy to make! In the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish, place a layer of tortilla chips. Add refried beans, salsa, olives, and green chiles. Very easy to make! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition It's salvageable if you add those things, but straight up as is would be pretty boring. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I was afraid to use the diced tomatoes with mild green chiles but I did and it was very good. This quick and easy taco bake will satisfy even the most picky eaters. Info. I also added some diced black olives to the meat mixture before layering. My children also always have green olives on their tacos so I added green olives to the mixture. I threw this together because plain ol' tacos sounded kinda boring. Emily. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. 1 (10 ounce) can refried beans (Optional), 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives (Optional), 15 taco shells, broken up, or more to taste. You saved Taco Bake Casserole to your. I have no doubt that if I had followed the recipe to a T (had I had the right ingredients) it would have turned out just as great. I made this recipe thinking my kids would love it. We now eat this fairly often and it's the "last dinner" mean my kids request before leaving on vacations in summer! I opted to use spices from my rack: cayenne pepper, seasoning salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and italian seasoning. Are used hot chili beans instead of refried beans. Made it like the recipe and turn out great. However it was not so. My husband said that it was a killer dish and he means that in a good way so I am making this again with my additions. Thanks for the recipe idea. I had it in my head to make this for supper when I realized I didn't have a taco seasoning packet, nor did I have a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles. This was really good. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Tasty! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The whole family will enjoy this taco casserole consisting of ground beef, tomatoes and sour cream, then seasoned with taco seasoning. Then for the ground beef I added two med sized cans of green peppers. This taco bake is a layer of crushed tortilla chips topped with beans, seasoned ground beef and cheese. The family loved it. I repeated all the layers one more time. It was a big hit at my house made evident by the fact that it didn't last very long at all! Added chiles rather than the ones mixed in with the tomatoes. After all it was like a taco. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Are use taco sauce instead of salsa and I mixed turkey meat with 93/7 ground beef. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I followed other reviewers suggestions and used salsa instead of the canned tomatoes. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Kind of bland as written. Made with taco seasoned ground beef, taco shells, and Cheddar cheese, this quick and easy taco bake will satisfy even the most picky eaters. The was EASY to throw together and my family LOVED it!!! Learn how to make a layered taco casserole with tortillas for next week's Taco Tuesday. Maybe ok if you're feeding a room full of fussy kindergarteners, but for adults not so much. Used shells and some chips. Increased cooking time to 30 minutes. I think it needs more meat and more cheese. Are used hot chili beans instead of refried beans. I layered as follows: chips, ground beef, (2 cans) black beans, (1 large jar)pace chuncky salsa and mexican blend cheese. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Good basic recipe to work from. I did not put sour cream in with the ground beef. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. 360 calories; protein 20.9g 42% DV; carbohydrates 20.6g 7% DV; fat 21.3g 33% DV; cholesterol 65mg 22% DV; sodium 790.6mg 32% DV. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. I will use more chips next time. Cook and stir over low heat until ingredients are warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Due to many reviews saying the dish comes out dry, I used 1 1/3 cup salsa and 2/3 cup water in addition to the 1 cup sour cream. You can modify it to add things you love. Overall, it was pretty good. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. HUGE hit with the family. Taco Bake Recipe. This was delicious. Definatly making again! Place half of the taco shells in the bottom of the baking dish. I made this recipe but i changed a few things to make it to our family's taste. Stir in water and taco seasoning; cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, salsa or whatever you like on your Mexican food. First of all I added yellow corn chips on the bottom like the recipe call for. very good recipe-we changed it up a bit by not adding the tortilla chips until serving the beef mixture- it made it crunchy so my kids would eat it and still had a very nice taste to it! Kids love it! Personally it was just OK for me. I will definitely make this one again. Repeat this process until the last layer is cheese. Are use taco sauce instead of salsa and I mixed turkey meat with 93/7 ground beef. Just okay. It has just a little zing from the chili's and that perks up the whole dish. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish.

Proposal For Accounting Services Pdf, Linksys E900 Setup, How To Summarize A Debate, F Phrygian Dominant Scale, How Did St Cecilia Die, Frank's Grill Telephone Road, Kodiak Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Best Time To Drink Matcha For Weight Loss, Tea That Gets You High, Zinus 10 Inch Mattress, Queen, Raw Walnuts Poisonous, Levi's Denim Jacket Women's, Banana Mug Cake Weight Watchers, Molinaro's Pizza Kit Nutrition, Ukulele Duet Pdf, Genie Stealth 750 Installation Manual, Frank's Prairieville Menu, Turmeric Plant For Sale, Wt Eon Allure 650 Panmp, Royal Grey, Corn Oil Production, Dark Souls Xbox 360, White Radish Recipes, Treasure Company Video Games, Grass-fed Beef Benefits Environmental, Tiny Toon Adventures Buster's Hidden Treasure Online, Strawberry Butter Cookies, Architecture Diagram In Software Engineering,